Black Friday is noted at the first day of the Christmas shopping season. Many stores will open absurdly early while people (if they can walk after all that turkey) flock to them in order to get the best deals. Toys, cars, clothing, electronics you name it, it’s on sale. Even food. So why not stock up? Hit the electronics and get yourself a Vacuvita system then get to the supermarket where they are trying to get rid of the excess of ‘Thanksgiving’ related food in order to make way for the ‘Christmas’ food.
Why not check out your local supermarket and take advantage of the Black Friday sales that people don’t normally consider? With Vacuvita in your corner you can buy scores of fresh vegetables to blanch and have on hand in the freezer for future consumption. But don’t stop there and check meats too, because when vacuum sealed in our resealable bags your meat will last 5 times as long as it ever did in store packaging. Stock your pantry too. While everyone is spending their money on material things, you’ll be spending yours on peace of mind and months of planned meals.
No doubt you had some turkey dinner leftovers too. Once you’re finished making sandwiches theres still a lot of meat and flavour left.
Black Friday Leftover Turkey Soup
Ingredients for 5
1 turkey caracas
fresh flat leaf parsley
1 large carrot
4 stalks of celery
6 cloves of garlic
1 large onion
vegetable bouillon cubes
- Let the turkey carcas simmer in 2 litres of water for a couple of hours with the lid on the pot.
- Remove it from the water and pick as much of the meat from the bones as you can.
- Chop and add the vegetables to the turkey stock with the bullion cubes and the meat.
- Chop and add the onion and fresh herbs but not the parsley.
- Allow the pot to simmer with the lid on until the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove the lid and turn the heat up to boil the water.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- Crack the eggs careful into the soup (poaching them).
- Serve each bowl of soup with a poached egg and parsley.